Just a couple/few notes:
1. The bead board is in the process of being painted (in this photo). posting soon!
2. The light is UGLY, I know it, you know it, we ALL know it! Someone tell My Man! **sigh** Recessed cans and pendent lights are ALL I want for CHRISTMAS!
3. The Kitchen Aide mixer is no longer Red! posting soon!
4. The Island topper has been stripped! Oh, yes I did! posting soon!
5. The Dishwasher died so we had to get a new one…..there went the money for #2!
6. Still can’t decide on the backsplash above the stove.
We started with a plain island. sad. sad. island….and instructions from Remodelaholic . Love that site! Since I’m horrible at taking step-by-step photos I will refer you to Remodelaholic for actual how-to’s.
Here I give you a few photos to give you an idea of how ‘we’ did ours:
Our goal was to have a moveable island, for dance parties ya know! The floor has some water damage so it will be replaced. This nice piece of something fills the space until I can decide on new flooring. That’s going to take a while…..all I know is it will BE DARKER!