52/52 Challenge :: {No Sew} Drop Cloth Bench Faux Slipcover

drop-cloth-bench-slipcover

I’m very excited about this project because it was free! I used left over material from my Drop Cloth Curtain (the original drop cloth was 4′Wx15′L). fyi: the drop cloth curtain has been replaced with a new curtain…pics soon.

Originally, I wanted to make a slipcover (i love slipcovers!) to lay over the bench so I could wash it but I really wanted it to be secure and not move. I would be adjusting it all the time with a slipcover. blah.

drop-cloth-before-after

The new bench really dresses up the entry and gives it style. I love it! Now, if only I could decide whether or not to paint the bench legs. What do you think? Paint or not to paint?

Project Cost:

• $0

drop-cloth-bench-slipcover-collage

I started by laying the bench upside down on the drop cloth and stapling one end. I didn’t cut the cloth until it had been stapled because, knowing me, I would’ve made it to small or something. I moved onto the sides until it was all done. I left the corners unstapled so I could do them all at once after the edges were done.

drop-cloth-collage-2

I was careful to lay the bench on the cloth so I could use all the seams for the skirt…because this is a no sew project and I don’t like sewing seams and I could just use the ones already available. That’s just what I did. Then I ironed each pleat using my ruler and stapled it on. So much fun!!

drop-cloth-collage-3

After all the staples were in, it was ready to be flipped over. I was more than happy with the results! Now, if I could only decide to paint the legs or not. decisions, decisions.

drop-cloth-bench-slipcover

What do you think? Turned out pretty good, didn’t it! I love it when a plan comes together…haha!

I’m linking up with Make the Scene MondayMade by You Mondays, Get Your Craft OnMonday FundayCreative Spark, What We Accomplished WednesdaysThink Tank, Transformation Thursday,  Inspiration Gallery , Fabulously Creative Friday &  Chic on a Shoestring Decorating. So many great projects on these sites, check’em out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. katie goldsworthy says

That bench skirt is beautiful, but the entire wall is incredible!!! LOVE it!
    Thanks for sharing!
    –Katie

2. says

Thanks again for stopping by my blog. I just wanted to let you know that I think your project is just awesome! I obviously love drop cloths, but the way you did the pleating was just genius, Plus, I’m a huge sucker for gallery walls. Pinning and following your blog. :)

Angela

• Kristin says

Thanks Angela! You’re so sweet! The pleats were totally out of pure laziness and because I broke my sewing machine needle making curtains. ;) Thanks for pinning and following.

3. says

I love how this bench turned out. The whole look, gallery wall and bench…fabulous! Thank you for sharing this and thanks for stopping by the blog as well. I am sharing on FB and pinning:-) Awesome job!

4. Bella Sinclair says

Whoaaaaaaa! What a fantastic job you did on that bench! It looks very upscale and elegant. And I love the legs just the way they are. They provide nice contrast and balance out with the frames above. You have a treasure trove of a blog here. So many inspirational ideas. You are so clever and wonderfully crafty, and I adore those poppies you painted!

• Kristin says

Thank you so much Bella! I’m so excited you like my blog and my poppies….I’m a huge fan of yours. :) Thanks for visiting!

5. says

I LOVE your blog! That bench is absolutely amazing! Would you mind if I shared it on my facebook page?

Thank you so much for inspiring me today!

blessings,
    karianne

• Kristin says

Sorry! I just saw your comment. I would love it if you featured my bench on your Facebook page….so excited! I LOVE your blog!

6. says

LOVE that bench! You did an amazing job with the covering! I love some painted furniture, but in this case, I like the wooden legs! Life to the full, Melissa

• Kristin says

Thank you Melissa! I love painted furniture also but I agree with you….the wooden legs looks good in the group.

• Kristin says

Thank you Linda! Thanks so much for pinning! If you do a letter wall, I’d love to see it and share it..if that’s ok with you. :)

7. says

Don’t know if my comment went through or not – so I’ll do it again just in case! Love this! Totally pinning! So simple and cute!! I would keep the legs as is – it has a nice classic look! And I LOVE your letter wall! New follower!

Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

• Kristin says

Just saw this in my spam…not sure why it went there. Thank you for pinning! The wood legs give the bench a more classic look, I like that. As much as I want to paint the legs, I think I’ll keep them wood….for now.. ;)

8. says

I’m so glad I came across your blog! I love it and this post ;) You did a fantastic job. I’m your newest follower ;)
    Jamie ~ Better With Age

• says

I don’t know if you have seen my entry but how could I not fall in love with your little happy cones. Funny how we have both taken the same doerctiin from the prompt.x x x

9. says

Love, love, love this!! What a difference it makes! And your gallery wall is amazing too. Thanks so much for coming out to the party at Clean and Scentsible. I will be featuring this tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday!
    Jenn :)

10. says

I love your bench!!! You did a great job with the new upholstery! The skirt is too cute! I think I would go ahead and paint it black. It would match some of your frames then, blending in with the decor better.

11. sarah webb says

leave the legs…it goes with the wall and all the woods shown there!! love the drop cloth..i did a similar table skirt for a very distressed old table that had been red at one time and the woods and reds show thru the distressed parts of the table…love!!! i did the ol staple trick too as am not a good seamstress :0)

• Kristin says

Thank you Amanda! I saw your cute outfits on your blog but I can’t leave a comment. Weird! Thanks for stopping by!

• says

Bro . Pinnex Just got home from the trip and wanted to tell you thank you again for the opruitunpty to be a part of the missions trip. My wife and I had our hearts touched for this difficult and unique mission field. We will defin itley be praying for you luke 18:1Love the Allens

12. says

Brilliant! It looks so pretty and really brings a sophistication. Your gallery wall is looking fabulous also. Looking forward to seeing the entire wall when it’s done!

• Kristin says

Thank you Kate! I love a no-sew project, any day! I’m linking up with your FIF now. Thanks for the invite! Love your blog!

13. says

It’s pretty cool! You get paeird with another blogger/reader and receive a package of yummy food stuffs (about $15 worth, because that’s the limit). I can’t do it in May, but I’m looking forward to June!

Trackbacks

1. [...] The Way ~ ~ Updated Dresser/Changing Table by The Golden Sycamore~ ~ No Sew Dropcloth Slipcover by 9th and Mayne ~ ~ String Art by Lucy’s Inspired~ ~ Table and Chair Makeover by Art is Beauty ~ ~ PB [...]

2. [...] This once neglected space is now one of Kristin’s favorite ‘rooms’. To see even more of this Modern Country space visit Kristin’s blog, 9th and Mayne. [...]